- ◄Who makes all your goods?
- Poorwill is a one woman show operated by yours truly. All materials are sourced raw, and hand cut, stamped, burnished, sewn and waxed in my Bay Area workshop.
- ◄What is small batch and how does it work?
- A small batch is a limited production run of one item. Once a small batch has gone through, it may not ever come back into production. So these goods are very limited! Orders are collected during the first two weeks of a small batch launch. Once that is closed, then two to three weeks of production begins. Orders are shipped out as they are finished.
- ◄What happens if I miss a pre-order?
- You can put email a request that the item be produced as part of another small batch run at a later date. If enough people request an item, then there's a better chance of it getting produced again!
- ◄Why is the leather so pink?
- Only premium, full grain natural veg-tan leather is used on Poorwill goods. This means the leather isn't dyed, and is thick, durable, and natural. Veg-tan leather will soften and darken with age. Rubbing a little bit of leather conditioner or olive oil will darken the leather. But the best way to get it dark is to go out and use it!
- ◄Whats Your Fabric Wax Made Of?
- I always make our fabric wax by hand in small batches. It's made from all natural ingredients, the main one being beeswax sourced from a local Oakland CA bee farm. I also add jojoba oil, soy wax and food grade paraffin to the beeswax to create the best consistency, water repellant ability, and wear.
- ◄Fabric Care & Maintenance
No need to “baby” any of the products. In fact: the more you abuse them, the better they tend to look. We take great pride in making quality goods that don’t just last forever but get better with age.
- Machine wash.
- Use detergent, bleach, or any other environmentally harmful chemical
- Dry clean
- Spot clean: Use a small bristle brush (or an old toothbrush, maybe your ex's?) to brush away and dried messes or dirt. Use a clean damp (water only, no soap) to wipe away newer messes.
- ◄Leather Care & Maintenance
- For the leather straps and details specifically, moisturize occasionally using leather save oils or balms to prevent the leather from drying out and/or cracking
- If your bag gets seriously disgusting, feel free to send me an email describing your special case and I’ll do my best to get the problem resolved.
- Or, you can just let it be. It’s part of the whole individual character spiel.
- ◄Do you wholesale?
- For wholesale opportunities please contact us using the form below. Be sure to mention your shop name, and your website if you have one.